We are excited to bring you the Special 100th Episode of the Real Estate Redefined Video Series. Click the video to watch Dan Forsman as he shares insights, information and inspiration for real estate professionals. Contact us to learn more!
— Transcript —
Welcome to Real Estate Redefined. I am Dan Forsman.
This is the 100th Episode of the Real Estate Redefined Video Series. I want to thank everyone for their feedback since we began this series in the fall of 2016. Your words of encouragement and gratitude have been uplifting to our entire team. Your recommendations for topics and ways to improve our content have been extremely helpful.
Video is a powerful medium and we have been very aggressive leveraging video to deliver training, coaching and communicate updates in the company or industry. In addition to Real Estate Redefined, we provide from The Field Friday with real life success stories of our amazing associates. Kathy Connelly hosts the Qualify Broker Corner with helpful tips on legal, compliance and real estate law. Megan Harbin hosts our popular Good To Know video training series on social media and our company tools. Tony Floyd hosts Innovation Station with the latest in technology, marketing and process improvements. In the last year, we had over 5 million video views.
As I look at our company today, there are so many things to celebrate and be thankful. Here are a few highlights:
- In 2018, our company achieved over $4 Billion in revenue. That is an incredible accomplishment from our humble beginings over 55 years ago.
- Last month, our parent company HomeServices of America was ranked the #1 real estate brokerage company in the RealTrends 500. Another incredible milestone. I am so honored to work with leaders like Gino Blefari, the new CEO of HomeServices and Chairman and industry icon, Ron Peltier.
- At our Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Sales Convention, our company was recognized as the #5 Elite Broker in the entire global network. We were also #5 in Sunshine Kids donations with over $1.25 million dollars raised to date for kids with cancer. Our challenge this year is to raise $5000 per office in addition to the other programs we will implement. In fact, the Sunshine Kids will be holding a national event right her in Atlanta this summer.
- Several of our top associates received special recognition at the sales convention. Tonya Jones was the #9 individual associate in the entire global network. Petersen Partners was #68 for teams and the Butler Swayne Team was #95. We are so proud of all our award winners.
- Gino Blefari introduced the Forever Brand with comments from Berkshire Hathaway Chairman, Warren Buffett. Chris Stuart, the CEO of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices introduced the new Forever Cloud platform – powered by Salesforce – the leading CRM in the world. We moved Tony Floyd into the role of Chief Innovation Officer to work with the franchise teams and help drive these new programs so we can be an early adopter. The new platforms will deliver many new advantages to our associates that will roll out over the course of 2019 and 2020. This is the beginning of an exciting new journey that will take our performance to a higher level.
- I had the pleasure of celebrating our Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Award Winners at our Kickoff event in January. Chris Stuart had just been announced as the new CEO of the franchise and we were the first event he attended. Then we had the Elite Associate Event for our top performers at historic Ansley Country Club. Over 80% of our award winners last year had a better year than the prior year. This group also had an average increase of 35% in volume versus the prior year. That is amazing in a market that only grew a fee percentage points. To celebrate these outstanding achievements, we are highlighting the award winners on digital billboards, extensive boosted social media ads and print ads in local papers. Look for our winners as you drive around the metro!
So what is happening in our company to allow so many associates to achieve these higher levels of performance? Here are a few things we have done.
- Our MEGA Open House Marketing & Events have been a very successful approach to generating more buyers for our sellers and helping our associates grow their business. We provide a massive advertising campaign including Zillow Ads, Extensive social & digital ads, digital billboards, print ads and lots of local neighborhood marketing. Our associates have all the tools and systems to become known in the local neighborhoods. Our Spacio Paperless Open House Registration system provides a safe and effective way to collect buyer information and ensure follow up – so we have no missed opportunities! We will be rolling out the new Salesforce CRM which will take this to another level! We have 15 events scheduled this year with 2 per month to supercharge our spring market. The last event had 447 open houses with over 3000 visitors. Nobody does open houses like we do MEGA open house events!
- We have a strategic partnership with the Tom Ferry organization continue to pay major dividends – for YOU our agents – with world-class coaching & training. We host a series of exclusive events including Sales Edge with Bill Pipes, Marketing Edge with Jason Pantana, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Team Strategies with Debbie Holloway and Business Planning & Sales Strategy with Jeff Mays. Tom Ferry will be here live this September to host a powerful session on his latest business strategies and ideas. We host a Quarterly Video Conference with Tom for our Masters Associates and a Quarterly Video Conference with Bill Pipes for our Honor Society Associates. We are on a mission to increase your per person productivity. I am obsessed with seeing you achieve more and deliver better service!
- We kickoff off a new Performance Coaching program for newer associates to get their business started. We have 134 participants that are participating in daily activities and Zoom Video coaching calls and regional mastermind sessions.
- We have a strategic partnership with Zillow. Our listings are highly prioritized on the leading real estate website with our Zillow Videos and Zillow 3D Home tours. We achieved 40% of all listings with Zillow Videos – the best in the nation. Now we are transition to the newest offers – Zillow 3D Homes. Our sellers can quickly see the difference.
- Our industry-leading BOOST social and digital listing ads generated over 22 million listing ad impressions and 750,000 clicks back to our listings. We just added SOLD properties in addition to new listings and MEGA open house listings. No other brokerage provide such an extensive listing advertising program and it is free to our associates.
- Our advanced property marketing and listing syndication is the best in the industry. We develop the unique story of your home and expose our listings to over 40,000 websites across the globe – including Zillow, the wall street journal network, luxury real estate, financial times of London and the international MLS. Our unique partnership with Juwai and Tencent exposes our listings to 900 million people in China behind the internet firewall.
- Our award-winning luxury marketing program has fueled the highest growth in luxury sales between $500,000 to $1 million – thanks to your great efforts. We recently added the prestigious “Home of the Day” program on the Atlanta Business Chronicle which provides the highest level of exposure to their affluent audience of over 100,000 subscribers. Look for our newest luxury campaign to launch next month!
- Companies are moving here and expanding in Metro Atlanta. Our corporate relocation team is the leader in helping with these group moves and exposing those buyers to our sellers. Atlanta has been recognized by Site Selection Magazine as the #1 destination for business for 6 years in a row!
- Our new homes division is the largest for any brokerage representing some of the most successful builders and developers in our area. Our new homes division and marketing partner – Marketing Results – has been awarded over 100 OBIE Awards from the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association for excellence in sales & marketing.
- We kicked off a new TeamBuilder promotion to provide financial incentives for our associates to help us build our team with productive agents. …
- Our family of services partners including Prosperity Home Mortgage, Weissman Law, H.S.A. Home Warranty and HomeServices Insurance are having record years. In March, Prosperity logged over $40 million in loan apps. A testimony to your great support of our Mortgage Consultants. We plan to expand our “Home Services” offerings over time with special services and discounts that benefit our clients and associates. Look for an exciting announcement very soon with Bed, Bath & Beyond to provide unique discounts and a luxury partnership with NetJets – another Berkshire Hathaway company. And more to come…
I want to thank you for watching the 100th episode of Real Estate Redefined. Before I end, I want to say a special thank you to our production team who makes this happen – Reuben our videographer, Don who creates incredible graphics, Tony Floyd who writes the scripts and is the executive producer, John Henager, Jacquie Rice and Megan Harbin who post the videos to all the delivery mediums. It takes a great team to pull this off.
This is the week of the venerable Masters Golf Tournament and millions of eyeballs will be on Georgia. Spring is here and the market is hot! 2019 is going to be an exciting year and the best is yet to come! And Remember … every day… in every way … YOU can get better and better!