Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Georgia Properties is proud to release the One Year Anniversary Episode of our Real Estate Redefined Video Series providing information, insights and inspiration to help you take your real estate business and life to the next level. We have included a brief survey to ask for your ideas on future topics and additional ways to make these videos better and better!
Good Morning, Dan Forsman here –
On Sunday, we hosted our September MEGA Open House Event with over 300 beautiful open houses on display. That was over 50% of all open houses held by residential brokerages. Our Zillow Ads, Facebook ads, digital billboards, local directionals and neighborhood advertising were very successful in attracting visitors. Congratulations to everyone who participated in our MEGA SURGE impact activity program including the MEGA Monday Follow Up prospecting day. These programs are designed to make it easy and fun to connect with prospects in your sphere of influence and geographic farming areas.
This is our 52nd edition or one year anniversary of the Real Estate Redefined Video Series. In the last year, we generated over 6 million impressions and 1.3 million video views. Our goal was to provide insight, information and inspiration to help you take your real estate business and life to a higher level. We appreciate all the positive comments and feedback on topics. You will find a link to a brief survey associated with this video. We would love to get your ideas on topics for future segments that would be the most relevant to your business.
As I look back, 2016 was an epic year for real estate in Metro Atlanta. As a company, we achieved all our goals and our associates had record performances. 2017 has also been a strong year for real estate but we have seen many changes.
- Zillow clearly emerged as the place that most buyers start their search. That is why we developed a strategic partnership and spent so much energy on Zillow Videos. Today, we have more Zillow Videos than any brokerage in the country and our listings are soaring to the top of the search results.
- Lack of inventory in some markets and price points created real challenges in helping buyers find the right property.
- Wire fraud became a big topic. Many of us had to learn how to protect our emails and adopt new techniques like MFA or Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Big data breaches like Equifax resulted in challenges for mortgages companies to get credit ratings on buyers to process loans.
- Zillow Instant Offers created a lot of drama until most realized this was just another test to see of Zillow could attract seller leads.
- Redfin went public and was well-received by the market with a $2 billion valuation for a company that is not profitable.
- Then Hurricane IRMA showed up. Many lost power for days. Insurance companies stopped writing homeowner’s policies and many buyers wanted a new inspection.
- It looks like we dogged Jose but Hurricane Maria is a Category 5 and on that same path as Irma.
- We also have new players showing up in our market like Knock, OpenDoor and OfferPad who propose to buy the house for a competitive price or a discounted commission. As usual, there is more to these stories – but you need to know the facts and be able to articulate your value and differences.
Despite some interesting changes in 2017, we expect to finish strong and have a great year for real estate in Metro Atlanta. Our company will post another record performance.
As we look to 2018, we are very excited about possibilities.
- Mortgage rates will remain historically low.
- The economy is strong and we may even get a tax cut.
- Consumer sentiment is high.
- Household formation is rising again.
- The forecasted trends for employment and people moving to Atlanta are very strong. This will increase housing demand.
- Group moves for corporations are rising again. We are seeing very strong activity that will translate to increased buyer demand.
- Delta will begin direct flights to China and we will see substantial growth in Chinese buyers. That is why we have invested in our strategic relationship with Juwai-Tencent to reach 900 million potential buyers behind the internet firewall in China.
- Zillow will still be the place that most buyers start their search and we will continue to work with their leadership to give our clients advantages.
As we look to finish strong in 2017 and get ready for 2018, here are three things you can do to take your business to a higher level:
First, Focus on your Mindset. Start every day with a Miracle Morning. Pray and be thankful for the good things in your life. Speak positive affirmations that will fill your mind with strong, positive thoughts and influence your attitude during the day.
Second, you must Prioritize Prospecting every day. The purpose of marketing is to create appointments. Block time on your calendar every morning. If it is not on your calendar, it does not exist! Most agents are simply not having enough live conversations with enough prospects. Only 25% of sellers and 12 percent of buyers use the same agent again. An amazing 74% of buyers and sellers report they NEVER heard from their real estate professional again after the closing. Twenty percent heard from them occasionally and only 6 percent heard from them consistently. Your CRM is a good tool to stay in touch electronically – but consumers read emails less and less. You need to pick up the phone and have conversations! You need to schedule meetings and have in person conversations! Set a goal to have 2 coffee meetings every week.
Third, you need to Communicate your Value. Every successful person practices before they play. Top agents practice their dialogues before making phone calls and get themselves into the right mindset. This is why we created prospecting pods in our offices with a mirror that says “they hear what you see.” This is why we support a variety of coaching and training programs with scripts and dialogues. Top agents do not wing it. The goal of every conversation t=is to get an appointment. ABC – always be closing.
After this week, there are only 14 weeks left in the year. My challenge to you today is to connect live with more people and help them truly understand your value. As Tom Ferry said in a recent video, “Your biggest competition may be YOU.” Our friend, Steve Murray from Real Trends, recently posted an article and said, “Your best CRM tool is your phone and your smiling face.” Call people and schedule live conversations that lead to appointments.
Thank you for watching our Real Estate Redefined video series over the last year. All 52 episodes are available on our Real Estate Redefined Blog. Please take the survey and let us know your feedback. We look forward to bringing you more relevant topics with insight, information and inspiration to take your business and life to a higher level.
Remember, every day in every way, you can get better and better!